Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy/Sad

Time has caught me, my friends. (yes, I am paraphrasing Highlander)

Today is the last day that I can be referred to as a "thirty-something." Tomorrow the happiness that is Mother's Day will be slightly spoiled for me by the cosmic bummer that is my 40th birthday.

This sadness is mildly tempered by some happy news from last night. It's irrelevant happy news, in the grand scheme of things, but to me it's happy news none the less.

For the first time since 1992, the Boston Bruins have advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals. Welcome to round three.

They did what they failed to do last year by completing the sweep against Philadelphia, with a 5-1 win at the Garden last night.

Sure turning 40 is going to blow, but at least the Bruins are still playing.

Now if we could just get the Red Sox to stop sucking so bad.

Go Bruins!


No comments:

Post a Comment