Monday, May 2, 2011

Closure

I try to be a good person, and in my opinion a good person cannot take pleasure from the death of another person.

That being said... I think I'll make an exception in this case.

Osama bin Laden is dead.

I don't believe in capital punishment. If one person is evil enough to take another's life, how does it not make us equally evil for taking the criminal's life? Is that justice or is it revenge? I prefer to see the criminal live a long painful life suffering in a cage. That's just me though.

That being said... I think I'll make an exception in this case.

Does this make us safer? I don't know. Maybe. Probably not. Some one will step in to fill the vacuum. Who knows.

All I really want is for this to bring us one gigantic step closer to bringing our men and women in uniform home. That's the good that I want to see come from this. Bring 'em home.

No comments:

Post a Comment