Monday, May 9, 2011

Been There Done That

Yeah... I'm a 40 year old. I'm in my 40s. 10 years to 50. Based on the Centers for Disease Control's figures on life expectancy I can make a good bet as to there being fewer days ahead than behind. (Yes, Virginia, that is a Star Trek reference. I'm old but I haven't lost it completely yet.)

I celebrated my actual birthday in the manner I best saw fit. We celebrated mother's day. The two days coincided this year, and one is clearly more important than the other.

We picked up the kids in the morning and spent a couple of hours visiting my Mom, and then headed up North to visit Jen's Mom. We had a very fun day.

Now that the 40th birthday is behind me, I can go back to worrying about things that matter almost as little... like Hockey.

Patrice Bergeron is out with another concussion. How are the Bruins going to beat Tampa Bay without their best forward? They are calling it a mild concussion, which is good news... hopefully, but considering the severity of his first concussion I don't think any concussion is ever going to be mild for him.

Get well soon, Bergy, we need you!

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment