Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let's Go White Blood Cells!

The last two days I wasn't feeling very good. Today I am a little better. Still very tired, but not as bad as I was yesterday morning. Unfortunately, Jen and both kids are now feeling less than 100%. Jen and I need to be better by Sunday so that we can go to Easter Dinner and not get my mother sick. The kids need to be better because those lucky little people are going on a cruise to the Caribbean! Everyone get better, right now!!!

As for my mother, she is temporarily off of the main chemotherapy drug, methotrexate. She went into the hospital for a dose of it but there is something happening in her kidney that needs to be watched. They don't know if it is actually related to the chemo or if it may be related to her having a borderline case of diabetes. Whatever it is, she's off of it for the next few weeks. If whatever level it is is better in a few weeks she will go back on the methotrexate, but at a lower dose. The good news is that the doctors told her the tumor is small enough to be negligible, but they need to keep going with the chemotherapy in order to keep it from coming back.

She hasn't had any side effects from the chemo. Maybe this is the first one. Maybe it's unrelated. Whatever the cause is I don't know, but I do know that I was feeling really upbeat and confident about the whole situation and now the nerves and paranoia are creeping back in.

Just cut the crap, all of you. Everyone get better. Right Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment