Friday, April 22, 2011

Athletic Surprises

I didn't watch any of the Bruins or Red Sox games last night. I did catch the last couple of innings of my step daughter's softball game. Two of her teammates hit home runs. I saw one. The one I missed was a grand slam. Her team won 9-3. It sort of got the ball rolling.

I guess Michael Ryder got tired of people like me referring to him as dead weight.



The Bruins won in overtime to tie the series at two games a piece. Now it's a three game series with two games in Boston. You'd think that would be a good thing, but the road team has won every game so far. I still have zero confidence in my team. That doesn't mean I'm giving up, it just means I am preparing myself for the worst possible outcome.

The Red Sox won in 11 innings last night. They have improved their record to a still pathetic 7-11. They are still last in the Eastern Division (four games behind the Yankees) but now there are four teams in the majors with worse records! Things are definitely on the up swing.

All three of the teams I was rooting for won last night. Pretty surprising.

Go Bruins
Go Red Sox

No comments:

Post a Comment