Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring is Coming

Did you have a happy St Patrick's Day?

Jen called me at about 6:30 last night. I was trudging through downtown Lowell, trying to avoid a huge traffic jam on route 495 North. There was deer in the back yard. Not in the woods beyond the back yard, but IN THE BACK YARD! Eight of them. EIGHT OF THEM!

The kids got to see them. It was their first deer viewing at our house. I missed it. I was kinda sad. I like the idea of a gentle wild kingdom behind our house. I don't want anything scary, like mountain lions or grizzly bears, or Tasmanian devils, or anything like that. Deer are good. They do their thing. That's all. Hopefully as the Spring rolls on we'll see some antlers on the bucks. I'm hoping we do at least.

My celebration of the Deer Infused St Patrick's Day was limited to walking in the back yard looking for hoof prints in what's left of the snow. It was my first walk back their since December, when the snow came to stay. I managed to get all the way back to the woods without stepping on a flake of snow. Mud was another issue, or course, but no snow.

Spring is coming, folks. It's pretty much here!

1 comment:

  1. I hate to burst your bubble, but they're predicting snow for Monday night!

    ReplyDelete