Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mom Update

Here's a quick update on my mother.  As stated yesterday, I was on the phone with my father discussing how now that Jen is feeling better we are more or less the only members of the family besides him who are not either sick or out of town when I overhead my mother in the background asking Dad to ask me if there was a Legal Seafoods near us. 


Back story:  The last time we saw my mother in the hospital she let it be known that she really, really wanted a baked stuffed lobster.  Like... really wanted one.  So we talked about trying to get her one.  My sister sort of took the lead but due to other circumstances nothing happened.

So Jen and I ran with it.  We called Legals and ordered a baked stuffed lobster for take out.  We picked it up at 4:00 and took it to my parents house.  My mother was thrilled.  She devoured the whole 2.5 pounds of shelled goodness.  She thanked us a bunch of times, but we were really happy to help out.

As for her health, she was really good.  No really noticeable confusion.  Her memory was fine.  There were no side effects from the chemo.  She was fine.  Her only complaint was that she hasn't been able to wash her hair because of the stitches closing up the biopsy incision.

We went over again today and she seemed tired, but otherwise fine.  She and Dad had gone food shopping and I think that wore her out a little.  Again, no side effects, no memory problems.  We were very pleased with how she is holding up.

She goes back to the hospital on Wednesday for a treatment.  It's just an outpatient thing.  They'll give her the meds and send her on her way.  Then a week from tomorrow she will go back for another dose of Methatrexate.  She'll be admitted for four days for that one.

Fingers crossed that she continues to respond well to the chemo, and that the side effects continue to stay the hell away.

No comments:

Post a Comment