Friday, March 4, 2011

Distractions

I don't know if everyone does this, but I try to distract my self from worrying about stuff I can't control. If I think about something else for a while it takes my mind off the fact that I can't do anything to help my mother with her illness.

I haven't finished my RPM project. I still have two rhythm and three lead guitar parts to record and then I have to mix the whole thing. I have another second shift day coming at the end of the month. I should have the 2011 project done by then, so I will try and use the time to finish up the last few songs from the 2010 project. After that I think it will be time to more or less retire my ADAT recorder and move on to Garage Band on my swanky new MacBook. I think I might invent a project to learn how to use Garage Band (or to fudge it so it can handle my work flow) by taking a few songs from each of the three finished RPM things (assuming '10 and '11 get finished... they will) and rerecording them. The kids have also expressed an interest in trying to record some music with me. That will be fun to do, but I want to know what I'm doing with the software first.

The Bruins have won seven games in a row and have moved into second place in the Eastern Conference. Last night they beat, and beat up, the team they are fighting for second place with, Tampa Bay. Lots of bad blood brewing between the two teams. It looks like the trades and the longest road trip of the year and Tuukka Rask suddenly not sucking all happened at exactly the right time.

The real news, however, is that my mother's PET scan did not find any other tumors. That makes me very happy. The bad-news-that-wasn't-as-bad-as-it-could-have-been, finding out that the tumor is lymphoma, plus the good news that the steroids have reduced the size of the tumor, plus the good news that the PET scan, made yesterday a pretty good day as far as news about my mother is concerned.

Today she's having a port put into her stomach. That can't be good, but if it makes getting through the chemotherapy easier then let's do it.

Fingers crossed

(maybe I'm not doing so well with the distractions after all)

No comments:

Post a Comment