Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday (Screwy)

I set my alarm for five am today. After hitting snooze twice I just shut it off.

I'm still going to work on the music though. My company is trying to implement a new second shift that will handle our newest products exclusively. It won't be up and running for another 10 months or so. In the mean time those of us who support the latest and greatest during the day will occasionally be covering extended business hours.

It's on a volunteer basis to begin with, but if any days aren't chosen they will be assigned based on some sort of rotation.

I was assigned tonight. I absolutely did not volunteer. I'm just lucky I don't miss a kid night. I hate crap like this. Tonight I am the only programmer covering a number of applications, only one of which I actually know. Nice.

So what this means is, I have the morning and early afternoon to make bad music in my cellar.

I'm trying hard to focus on that as the positive when the negative (apart from covering apps I know nothing of) is that I won't be seeing my wife again until morning.

That sucks, huge.



No comments:

Post a Comment