Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day Recap

I got a lot done on this Martin Luther King Day.

I wrote lyrics and melodies for six songs and got a take down on tape for each of them. Some of them had harmonies too. (One of them almost got a counter melody, but I figured I was pushing my luck on that one.)

I went to lunch at the 99 in North Andover with my lovely bride, Jennifer. We also got to explore a little as the traffic getting back to her office was horrendous and we found a back way.

I watched the Bruins as they annihilated the former Whalers 7-0. Actually, I had the game on as I was working on other things, so I didn't watch a whole lot of it. I did catch all three of defenseman Zdeno Chara's goals. I can't remember the last time I saw a Bruins defenseman earn a hat trick.

I went to the new Mexican restaurant on route 28, right on the town/state line between Methuen, MA and Salem, NH. Of course I went with my lovely bride, Jennifer. The food was pretty good, although being some one who strongly dislikes cheese, there wasn't a lot on the menu that appealed to me. The one thing that looked really good wasn't available, but what I had (don't ask me what it was called) was really good. They made guacamole fresh at the table. My lovely bride, Jennifer was pleased.

I lit a fire, but it wasn't a very good one. The coals are still glowing, but they are almost out.

I did a little coding with my lovely bride, Jennifer. She showed me a couple of jQuery tricks that looked pretty cool. (I got the page to hide a submit button if input into two text fields were invalid. I thought it was cool at least.)

Now we are wrapping up the laptop related fun and getting ready to watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother before calling it quits for the night.

All in all I would say that was a holiday well spent.

The only way it could have been better was if my lovey bride, Jennifer had been able to spend the entire day with me.

Tomorrow? Dentist. Be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment