Thursday, January 13, 2011

Explaining a Complex Topic to a Seven Year Old

Okay, so how do you explain the concept of a morally justified war to a seven year old and a nine year old? How do you demonstrate that some causes are worth fighting and giving your life for?

You try and give a situation where someone is forcing you to believe in something you think is absurd.

Jen's example was what if someone tried to force all of America to believe in a giant cheese.

Fits of laughter from the seven year old and the nine year old.

I love this family so much it's insane. I love them like crazy. They are the best thing that's ever happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. OK, you KNOW I have to add my two cents to this one... I would use the comparison of WWII and VietNam. WWII was justified because there was a direct attack on America with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. VietNam was not justified because basically their civil war was none of our business! Same thing with Iraq and Afghanistan. Afganistan = OK, to get Bin Ladin over 9/11. Iraq = not so much, they had nothing to do with 9/11 and Mr. Bush just wanted to "get" Saddam. That sound reasonable?

    ReplyDelete