Saturday, January 15, 2011

ER Recap

Yesterday I went to the emergency room at Holy Family Hospital! WHEEEEE!

Last week I broke a tooth (another tooth). Shortly after I started feeling a little swelling in the roof of my mouth. It hurt. The tooth hurt. I assumed they were related. I tried to get a dentist appointment yesterday but the best they could do was Tuesday. I tried to talk to my doctor but was told she was out of the office for a while. I said screw it, left work and went to the emergency room.

The two things are not related. The doctor said the swelling looked like a burn or something that got infected. I don't remember burning myself. I did eat Peanut Butter Captain Crunch last weekend, and that, in the past, would lead to me cutting the roof of my mouth... a risk yes, but Peanut Butter Captain Crunch is soooo worth the risk.

Anyway, I got some antibiotics to hopefully fight off the infection, and I have a great big bottle of ibuprofen to take care of the tooth pain. So what If I'll be eating soft foods for a few days. My gorgeous, sweet, generous, loving, amazing, incredible wife made scrambled eggs last night. Isn't she the best? I sure think she is. The fact that she's the best woman ever is one of the billion reasons why I love her.

So I will talk funny until the swelling goes down. 'S' sounds come out as 'sh' sounds, and 't' and 'j' sound a little... mushy. At least I won't be lisping Sidney Crosby when the Bruins play the Penguins this afternoon. Syd is still out with a concussion. Pittsburgh's loss should be Boston's gain. No offense, I just like our chances of winning more when the best player in the league is in the press box. That's all.

Notice how I didn't say best player on Earth? That would be Bobby Orr. Sorry Syd, but you've got light years to go before you're in Bobby's league.

No comments:

Post a Comment