Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can You Feel It?

It's out there, can you feel it? It's hiding in plain site. You can't see it, but I bet you can feel it. I can feel it, can you feel it?

Imminent Snowpocalypse.

It hasn't started snowing here, just to the west of metropolitan Boston. The weather channel is telling me that it should have started within the last hour. Is that a good thing? I don't know.

Look out the window and it looks like it should be snowing.

Breathe in the air and it feels like it should be snowing.

Yesterday Jen and I had a burst of roofing paranoia. Specifically, our roof already has about 30 inches of snow on it, can it take another 6-12 inches tonight? I know it could, but why risk it? Also, there's big time ice up there. It was worrying us. I'd do something about it, but I'm so heavy I would have fallen right through the roof, and then crashed through the living room floor, and landed on the couch in the cellar.

So yesterday my lovely wife hired a roofing company to come and clear things up a little. They didn't clear off the whole roof, but they got rid of the heavy stuff on the edges. They didn't get rid of all of the ice, but they got some. Our house is in much better shape for another big storm than it was 24 hours ago.

Please please please don't let me have just jinxed anything. Unless I jinxed it so that it won't snow again this year. I can handle that.

Also, in preparation for yet another storm, I added to our garage one item that all home owners have to have. A five gallon can of gasoline. The snow blower will be plenty fueled when the clean up begins... again.

I hate snow.
I hate snow.
I hate snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment