Sunday, November 28, 2010

Still Sick (and an in depth Deathly Hallows review)

We are now entering day number 123586723413 of this particular cold.

I might have exaggerated, but only slightly.

I felt a lot better yesterday afternoon. Well enough to try sneaking out to see the new Harry Potter movie. Here is my Deathly Hallows Part 1 review:

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Now I have to wait until summer to see the rest of this awesome story? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There. That sums up my response to the entire movie. There were a few minor discrepancies from the book. Hedwig is much much nobler in her big scene. The whole Harry and Hermione dancing scene seems to have a lot of book>movie purists up in arms, but I thought it was a nice way to show them trying (and failing) to break the tension when things were at their darkest. It was definitely slicker than some retarded montage would have been. I think the scene at the Ministry was done perfectly. I think the second visit to the Malfoy's was also done perfectly... especially the way it ended... if you've read the book you know what I mean, right? They way the Malfoy scene ends? Get it? I also think they split the story at the perfect spot. Things are impossibly dark for our heroes, and things are looking bright indeed for our villains.

Nicely done.

Now that I've said all of that, I will return to my box of Puffs Plus tissues, and my bag of Cherry Halls cough drops.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment