Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

Here is something I like:

I like it when I vote for a bunch of people and they all win. I like it when the candidate I voted for in the Massachusetts Governor's race becomes (or in the is case remains) the Governor of Massachusetts. The same with the candidates I voted for in the race for US House of Representatives, and the Massachusetts House and Senate. I like it when my candidates win. I like it even more when none of the people I voted for lost. I especially like it when a huge chunk of the country decides to throw up their hands and give up after a whopping two years and regresses to voting Republican, while my progressive state goes firmly Democrat. That makes me happy. Congratulations Governor Patrick. Congratulations Congresswoman Tsongas.

Here are a couple of things I don't like:

I don't like the US House of Representatives being under Republican control.

I don't like the fact that yesterday I searched for tips on the best times to see deer wandering around in my back yard and all of the hits, and I do mean all of them, were tips on the best time to kill deer. Doesn't anyone just look? I guess not.

I don't like that random day that comes out of nowhere when everyone on the road during my morning commute drives like a friggin 150 year old invalid who is suffering from a nasty bout of idiocy. I especially didn't like the 150 year old invalid suffering from a bout of idiocy who drove for about 3 miles with his left friggin blinker on. (in the spirit of yesterday's election I will translate that statement from New England English to the rest of the country's version of English: Blinker = Turn Signal. You're welcome)

I most definitely do not like the fact that there was a thick coat of ice on my car windows this morning. I think I dislike that more than any of the other entries on today's dislike list so far.

I most definitely do not like that my wife left for work at 7:00am today and I won't get home until around 7:00pm and that adds up to 12 whole hours where I do not get to see her at all. That, in a word, sucks.

Here is one more thing I like:

I like that tonight is a kid night. When I get home to my new house I will not only see my loving, lovely wife but I will also see my step kids. That is something I like very, very much.

3 comments:

  1. I do SO wish I could post a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God I was actually able to comment! In that case...
    Here's things I DON'T like:
    I don't like when EVERY candidate I voted for has lost, except for one. I don't like when every candidate I asked my husband to vote lost, except for one. I don't like when every candidate that scares me out of my wits, wins. I don't like that in New Hampshire it doesn't seem to matter if you're a liar or a cheat, as long as you're not Democrat. I don't like that the incumbents who worked hard for ALL the people in their state for the last several years were summarily booted out of office by Tea Partiers. And last but not least, I hate living in a state where almost everyone else thinks in a manner directly opposite to the way I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Comments worked! I still have no idea what was wrong before. I do know that you are a saint for living in New Hampshire. I think I would have lost my mind by now.

    ReplyDelete