Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Yankees Lost Again

Those freakin' Yankees had better not be messing with me.

I didn't see the game last night. The Love of My Life wanted to watch Dancing with the Stars and due to my overflowing hatred of the Yankees I was more than happy to watch something other than them.

But now they are down two games to one. They are still very much in it, but the clear advantage goes to the Rangers. Unless of course the Yankees are just screwing with me. There is a very good chance that they know I hate them and that they enjoy messing with me. Sure, they'll go down 2-1. They might go down 3-2 as well. But then they'll just pour it on at the end and make me look bad. It has nothing to do with the Rangers, or the competitive spirit, or the price of tea in China. It has everything to do with how much I hate the Yankees, and how much they collectively hate me back.

The cat was much more social last night. (oh good, here is the fat guy's cat update.) She hung out in the living room with us. She climbed onto the back of the couch and tried to sit on our heads. She tried to eat our dinners (no way kitty!)

Most importantly, she ate. When Jen got home yesterday the cat was meowing a lot and looking up at her hopefully. Jen would bring her over to the food dish and she'd eat a bite but then she'd walk away. The food dish was still pretty full, and the cat was still pretty distressed. Jen, in a flash of utter brilliance that I have come to expect, opened up a different brand of cat food and our little Panache inhaled it. She tore through it like a fat man falling off the weight watchers wagon in a sweet shoppe in Disney World (and I have been there and done that, thank you, I know what it looks like from personal experience. I can still practically taste the huge bag of M&Ms).

This morning she did two things of note. First, I was outside taking out the trash and I happened to look toward our awesome living room window (our living room window. Not some land lord's, but ours) and there she was, looking out the window at me. We're at cute factor 8 captain!

The second thing was a little distressing. Just after Jen left for work, and just before I was going to leave for work, I was sitting at the dining room table working on something and she walked up next to me and started meowing. Now just before leaving Jen had put another serving of the kitty-approved cat food out for her and she had burned through a lot of it, so I figured she wanted attention. However, when I reached down to pet her she flinched like I was about to slug her. No way, kitty! I would never do that. This actually happened twice. I feel bad. I feel like the poor little thing is afraid of me. I would never hurt my new favorite kitty, ever!

Anyway, I am looking forward to tomorrow night when the kids come back. I hope they are gentle with her and don't scare her anymore than she already is. After taking out the trash and seeing her in the window this morning I went inside to grab my glasses and my phone so I could leave for work. I figured I'd say goodbye to her again, but she was hiding some where. I don't want her to feel she has to hide anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment