Sunday, October 24, 2010

How Do You Spell Seance?

Seance... As in when you talk to the dead. As in Whoopie Goldberg and Patrick Swayze in Ghost... Did I spell that right?

I think three dead rock stars just tried to communicate with me through my iPod.

We are having a bunch of people over for dinner tonight and I put my 80 gig classic on random while Jen cooked and I cleaned.

The first song was "Bo Diddley was a Gunslinger" by Warren Zevon. One of our guests will be my brother in law, who posted a Zevon lyric on Facebook the other day. I think that was Warren Zevon telling us we are going to have a good night tonight.

The second song was "Power of Love" by RTZ, a band that included Brad Delp. Jen knew Brad, and I think he used my iPod to agree with Warren Zevon that we are going to have a good night.

The third song was "Long Live Rock and Roll" by Rainbow, with Ronnie Dio singing. I'm not sure what Ronnie's message was. It was probably long live rock and roll, but I know he was a big fan of cats so maybe he was telling us that our cat is awesome, or maybe he was talking directly to her and not to us at all.

The fourth song was "Then" by Yes. No one in that band has passed away yet. Unless something terrible happened since last I read the news.

I am a little worried about the health of Yes bass player Chris Squire though, as a short time later one of the songs from his solo album came on. I'm wondering if I should check the news.

Here's to us having a nice night with family and friends, and here's hoping that Chris Squire is feeling all right today.



No comments:

Post a Comment