Friday, August 13, 2010

Missed Camera Phone Opportunity

I was on Glezen Lane in Wayland this morning. I had just taken a right off of Moore street and came around a bend in the road.

Standing still in the middle of my lane, perpendicular to the traffic, was a deer. A big one. It was a doe, but she looked pretty big to me. She turned her head and looked at me as I rolled nearly to a stop. My hand was reaching for my phone on the passenger seat but Mrs Bambi didn't wait around to pose for me. She dashed out of the road, into some trees on the opposite side. I lost sight of her instantly. I did see that the bushes were moving a little on my side of the road and I was thinking that there might be another critter in their waiting to run across the street, but alas there was none.

So... one has a camera in one's phone so that a camera will be available to catch those surprising, out of the ordinary moments that one may come across during the course of one's day.

...and in this instance I blew it.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment