Friday, June 4, 2010

Travelin' Folk... Again

I don't think these two things are necessarily related, but last night Jen was sick to her stomach before bed. This morning I woke up feeling the same way. So now we are both feeling sick, and we are about to head out on our 1000+ mile drive.

I suppose it could be a psychosomatic response to the imminent end of our awesome vacation, but it's more likely the humongous meal we had last night.

I also might have just suffered a minor heart attack or stroke or something like that.

When my in-laws came to Disney about 11 years ago, Sherman bought Charlotte a pearl from a vendor in Downtown Disney. You did not actually buy the stone itself, you bought an oyester and they crack it open for you and pull out the pearl and then set it into a piece of jewelery.

Yesterday Sherman bought one for my step daughter too. It is beautiful, and an absolutely wonderful present for her.

Before going to bed last night I put it into Jen's purse. This morning after going out to help load the car, I went into our room and Jen asked me where it was. I went to her purse to get it and it was not there.

That is the closest to death by fright this vacationing blogger has ever come.

After a search of the room, Jen found it. She had accidentally moved it out of her bag with a couple of other items and it was safe all along.

Thank all the Gods and Fates and Lucks and Good Fortunes that mankind have ever had available to thank.

...but now...

We are heading home.

Wish us a safe trip, please?

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment