Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend

Back to hockey for just a minute or two. I predicted it in the first round and was wrong. I predicted it in the second round and was wrong. I predicted it again in the third round and this time I was right. Last night the San Jose Sharks, that regular season juggernaut, were swept by the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago officially becomes my pick to win the Stanley Cup over whoever wins the Eastern Conference finals. Philly leads that series 3 games to 1 and game five is tonight. I'm looking forward to being able to root against the Flyers. Go Blackhawks!

The weekend was a busy one. On Friday evening we took the kids to my parents house so we could pick up a couple of birthday presents that had been dropped off there. After that we went to a sub shop for dinner. Jimbos, I think. the place is open until 3am. Who in Tewksbury needs a tuna sub at 3am? Okay, in my younger days there were a few occasions where I would have patronized an open-till-three sub shop.

Saturday was a little nuts. First the kid's dad came and got them to bring them up to Maine for the pre-wedding festivities. Jen and I went to her mom's house in Rochester. We took the scenic route and visited the ocean. We stopped at a scenic view spot and took a couple of pictures. I was planning on bringing my camera to work this morning and unloading it prior to 9am... then I remembered I was an idiot and left the camera at home.

I was very much in a playing-with-iPhone mood so I used a GPS app to set a waypoint at the spot where I took the pictures. I just looked up the coordinates on Google Maps and the location the app saved was off by a whole state. Next time I will try something different.

We went out to dinner with Jen's mother and step-father at a place called Fogarty's in Berwick, ME. That made it a three state day for us. I love New England. The food was good, the company was excellent. By the time we got back from dinner I was so exhausted that we went straight to bed.

Sunday was another big day. We hung out in Rochester for a while and then headed over to York, ME for the wedding. Some may find it odd that I went to my wife's ex-husband's wedding and had a great time. For us though, it's normal. The kid's mother and step-father get along very well with their father and step-mother. It doesn't seem odd to any of us at all. It just seems normal. I was very happy to have the two of them at our wedding last year (six days shy of exactly one year), and I was very happy to be invited to their wedding. Add to our little story the fact that the bride was given away by her ex-husband. Like I said, it might sound odd to some people, but it's just normal to us.

This week we have the kids every night. I am hoping we'll get to add some fun stuff to the normal routine. They have baseball and softball most nights so it might be tough, but we'll see what we can do.

Then there is Disney World off on the horizon.

Can.
Not.
Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment