Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursday Day Off in Review

The car is still in the shop. They needed to send it out to get the front end alignment done. We should have it back today. Still not 100% sure how we're going to go about getting it, but at least it should be done.

The love of my life, the woman of my dreams, my wife is still feeling crappy but I think she might be a little better than she was. She was going to work from home today even if we had two cars, so the car still in the shop doesn't change anything.

We pretty much stayed home yesterday. More or less. We took the car key to the shop because I didn't want to just leave it there the night before. They have a drop box, but we wanted to include a list of things that needed to be done... and we didn't have anything to write on when we dropped the car off. So we took the keys there early yesterday. We went out to lunch at a celebrity deli in Salem, NH called Lindy's. It was pretty good. Their John Wayne sandwich is smoked ham. I don't see that. If you're going to name a sandwich after John Wayne it had damn well better have a ton of rare red meat in it. Just saying. Later we went to Kimballs for some ice cream. Ice cream always makes sick people feel better, doesn't it? Not long after that, when we should have been eating a real dinner, we just called it a night and went to bed for a reading date. Jen zonked out at about 9:00 and I went out at about 10:00. Stephen King's Under the Dome has turned into a page turner for me. I still have 400 pages left but I am burning through them at a pretty good clip.

As for today? There are ominous signs. Jen's illness started in her stomach. My stomach is feeling a little off today. The pessimistic part of my wittle brain tells me that I may be about to have my turn with this bug that has already hit my wife, my parents, my brother, his wife, his daughter, my sister's son, and my brother's wife's parents. The optimistic side tells me that I shouldn't have essentially had ice cream for dinner last night and that I am fine. Which side is right? We shall see. I am really hoping it's the ice cream because both kids have baseball/softball games tomorrow and I really want to go to them. Also, Sunday is mother's day and there may be events that day too. There's also that little thing about my birthday being tomorrow too... but we're not going there, right? I'm turning 21 version 18. Right? Not going there.

Last night in the hockey world the San Jose Sharks started their inevitable collapse by failing in their attempt to sweep the Red Wings. They were up 3 games to none. Are they the 2004 Yankees? Probably. The Penguins also lost to the Canadiens. That series is now tied at two games apiece when it really should be over with the Penguins moving on. What to do about Montreal. They could be for real. That could suck. I HATE the Montreal Canadiens.

Tonight though... tonight... the Bruins and the Flyers. Game four. The Bruins are up three games to none. You might not agree with me, but I think this is a must win game for the Bruins. They cannot give Philly life. They must beat them now. Don't wait for game five at home. Just win now. Use the time to rest up and get those who can get better (looking at you Mark Stuart) back in the line up. No mercy. No 2004 Yankees.

So how do we sum up today.

Get Better Jenny
Don't Get Sick Robbie
Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment