Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all who are eligible for celebration.

We just came home from taking my mother out to brunch at the Holiday Inn in Tewksbury. It was the four of us, my mom and dad, my brother, his wife, and their baby (as well as their baby to be!), and my sister, her husband, and their baby. It was a very nice bit of family time and it came complete with a gigantic dessert table. Nice!

Yesterday was my birthday. We had a very nice, quiet day. First Jen and I got haircuts and I went to the gym. Very celebratory indeed. Then we went to my parent's house for some extra baby time. My folks were baby sitting my sister's son and my brother's family made a visit so that the two little kids could play together. Jen and I took advantage by joining in for the fun.

After that we went to Larry and Nawal's for a visit and to see their four month old baby. When we headed over there we thought that we were going to leave at about 5:30 because they were going to be having some work done in their cellar. When we got there we found out the cellar work had been postponed and we stayed for dinner. Nawal was kind enough to offer and we took her up on it. Dinner was excellent. More important, the baby was adorable! He's getting very big. He also graced us with some smiling. Almost all of which were directed at Jen. I am pretty sure the little guy likes Jen a lot. I like her too. A lot.

So for the rest of the day we are planning some mother's day movies, a little Disney planning, and a few board games. Tomorrow we'll have to get ourselves ready for some major Bruins/Flyers game five. A Must Win if ever there was one. No 2004 Yankees this time.

Go Bruins!
Happy Mother's Day!
Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment