Friday, May 14, 2010

Exasperation

First traffic (as I fear my reader is sick of hearing about the Bruins).

Did some one flip an asshole switch or something? It started yesterday. For some reason both going to and coming from work every single car that I found myself behind was driving as slow as they could. If the speed limit was 40 we did 30. If the speed limit was 30 we did 22 or something. It was just so freakin' annoying.

I figured with today being Friday I should have a better drive in. No way. On three (3) occasions I found myself behind some one who was driving between 40 and 45 miles per hour on the highway... for absolutely no reason. Just calmly creeping along 20 miles per hour below the speed limit. No one around, no traffic, no accidents, no reason.

After I left the highway it was a perfect copy of yesterday. It was a constant struggle to keep the speedometer above 30. Bastards.

Now for the other source of exasperation.

Pro sports teams that have lost a best of seven series after taking a three games to none lead:
1942 Red Wings.
1975 Penguins.
2004 Yankees.

And the 2010 Bruins? Please no. We find out tonight. The three games to none lead over Philadelphia is now a three to three tie.

If I were a betting man and not an obsessive fan I would put ever dime I have on the Flyers tonight. I can't do that though. I am a Bruins fan even in the worst of times, and when (WHEN) they lose tonight it will definitely be the worst of times.

Still...

Go Bruins!

(please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose please don't lose)

No comments:

Post a Comment