Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creeping Along

Well vacation is a few days closer than the last time I lamented the slow speed of the clock, but it's still not here. Still feels like a long way to go.

At least I can celebrate our engagement, two years ago today, as much as I want to.
May 20, 2008 - SHE SAID YES!

I am having a hard time accepting that it's been two whole years. It seems like yesterday. Hell, it's been 355 days since the wedding. We're 10 days shy of our first wedding anniversary. The time has absolutely flown. It's crazy. Our first date was well over three years ago. We'd been talking a lot on-line prior to that. Despite what the calendar tells me, I still feel seriously giddy about this whole relationship thing. It's evolved from girlfriend to fiance to wife but I am still feeling that same initial excitement that I felt when we first started dating. They say that things are supposed to calm down after a while. If it has for us then I can't really see it. Maybe I'm too close to the situation, but I really think that my feelings for Jen have grown steadily stronger since we first met.

I love her. I love her more today than I did yesterday. That's a cliche and all, but that's exactly how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment