Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sixth Place

Looking at the NHL standings it appears that the Bruins are the proud owners of the sixth place spot in the East. If my math is correct (it's probably not... I was a crappy math student in high school... I redeemed myself in college with that string of A's in calculus, but old habits die hard, ya know?) the Bruins get to lose in the first round to either Buffalo or New Jersey, depending on the outcome of today's games.

The only playoff spot left in the league is the 8th position on the East. Philadelphia and the New York Rangers are tied with the Flyers owning the tie breaker. Those two teams are playing each other today at 3:00pm. I might have to find a radio broadcast of that one on the 'net somewhere and give it a listen.

In the AHL, the Lowell Devils have also clinched a playoff spot. The first time in their history. I think it's a cross divisional deal as five teams in their division have clinched and only three in the other division. I have no clue who they'll play. I would like to go to a playoff game, but the whole traveling-to-Disney-World thing might interfere. Still, congrats to the Devils on finally getting to the post season after 13582352 years.

(ed note: It has come to my attention that the previous paragraph isn't as clear as it should be. If I have two choices for my entertainment dollar and one is a Devils playoff game and the other is something... anything... related to getting to, visiting, or getting home from Disney World then the money goes to Disney World without any hesitation or regrets. I wasn't complaining about missing a Devils game... I was rejoicing in the glow of the awesomeness that is our planned Disney Vacation. There is no contest. We're Going to Disney World!!!)

Jen is in the kitchen making meatballs. I am about to drown due to the huge puddle of drool I'm making. Mmmm meatballs.

The Red Sox won last night. They beat the Royals. All was again right with the world.

Today's lazy Sunday is progressing well. The kids are taking their showers with minimal complaint. The laundry is underway. There Bruins and the Red Sox play today. We've discovered Superman the Animated Series. And Jen is making spaghetti and meatballs.

And all was right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment