Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RIP Mr Floyd

I just got some sad news about a member of our extended/blended family. Mr Floyd was a cat that lived at the kids' father's house when I first came into the picture. He was old and a little temperamental, but I liked him and he seemed to think I was okay. I used to ask him if he was ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, or if he would fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way, in the hopes of finding out if his first name was Pink or not.

Last year some new animals moved into Floyd's house and he had a tough time adapting. We are not allowed to have pets in our rental so we couldn't take him. Jen's mother and step father very heroically decided to take him in. He got sick and went to the Vet today. They did all they could for him but in the end he had to be put down.

So take a moment and remember Mr Floyd. One very cool cat. We will all miss you.

2009-12-24 and 25 - Christmas 036

photo

No comments:

Post a Comment