Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gym

I never imagined it would happen to me. I thought I could escape it, and for almost 39 years I did.

But last night...

I joined a gym.

Jen and I did it together. We joined a gym in Salem. We then worked out for about 15 minutes before calling it a night. When I say that I am out of shape, I mean that I am out of shape!. Do not underestimate the meaning of that statement. We did about 12 minutes on a treadmill and that was all right. Then we did a couple of minutes on another machine... I don't remember what it was called... elliptical machine? After that we were toast. Burned toast. It was clearly time to go home.

We're going back tonight.

If we are going to go to Florida with two extremely energetic little people, we are going to have to do something to prepare ourselves for the amount of time we will be spending on our feet. A little torture today will make the trip more enjoyable in a couple of months. It could also help us lose weight, and it could also make us feel healthier, and it could also make us feel better about ourselves. But primarily, it will make Florida more fun. (not really, I am just so psyched to go to Florida that all things sort of revolve around it.)

Oh I almost forgot, Go Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment