Friday, April 30, 2010

Blank

I am coming up empty on topics this morning. That doesn't happen often. I think I'm going to have to force it by talking about hockey. I guess...

Is this the year that the San Jose Sharks don't choke? They opened up the second round last night by beating Detroit 4-3. I didn't watch the game, but by the sound of it Joe Thornton and Danny Heatley played well. Pat Marleau was out with the flu, but Joe Pavelski continued to be the dominate forward for the Sharks.

In the past few years they have choked nearly every time I picked them. I want to root for Joe Thornton but he is so consistent in his April disappearing act that you can practically set your watch by it. I want to be a Sharks fan. There is so much there to like... but they choke every year. Could this be the year they finally don't? Now that I am not rooting for them at all they will finally stop embarrassing themselves?

Just my luck.

I am on call this weekend. I don't know if I will be able to get to the gym, and I don't know if I'll be able to catch my step son's baseball game. I want to do both, but I get paranoid about the phone ringing when I am out of the house. I will definitely go to the game, but if the phone rings I'll have to leave. I don't want to be one of those grown ups who doesn't make it to the kid's special things. Baseball, softball, and everything else that comes down the line. I want to be a part of it all. I don't want to miss anything.

We also are trying to do some yard work at my parent's house. This weekend is the only one that my brother and brother in law can do for a while, and here I am being the one who is stuck missing out. I haven't been able to get my laptop connected to work so I can't rely on that. I am going to have to be within 10-15 minutes of my desktop. I feel like a schmuck. I don't think we'll have another chance to do the work until June.

Today is pay day. That's a plus.

The Disney trip is getting closer. I want it to be here now. RIGHT NOW. I want to go see the Mouse. The Great Mouse. THE Mouse. Mickey is one of my all time heroes. I want to go visit him and bask in the glow of his glory.

June 6, 2008 - Hollywood Studios and a Night Out

I met him two years ago. I was really pleased to see that he's a down to Earth sort of Mouse. Not the super star ego you would expect from some one as famous and brilliant as he is. He was a good guy.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment