Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

Yeah, route 20 is closed again. Had to go around it again. Thanks rain!

It didn't slow me down much, but I was hoping to not have to go out of my way more than usual today. Jen heard about the closure on the radio and called me to let me know. Isn't she wonderful? What a beautiful, thoughtful person. I'm glad I married her.

Anyway, tomorrow is a vacation day for me. I hope to spend a few minutes on music, but I probably won't have time. My main goal for the day is to learn how to record video on my new camera. It can't be difficult, I just haven't done it yet. I have something going on Thursday afternoon that needs to be video recorded.

So what's going on with the Bruins? They beat the Rangers to hold onto the final playoff spot. That's nothing special, the Rangers and Bruins are equally pathetic. Neither of them has shown through their play recently that they actually want to make the playoffs. Last night, however, they beat Atlanta 4-0. Atlanta was one point behind us in ninth place. They had also won four in a row and looked like a team that wanted the post season. A Bruins loss last night would have dropped us out of the final playoff spot.

Somehow they won... and won convincingly. Is this the turn around we've been waiting for? Do they suddenly get it? Or is this just a last minute tease to make us think they have a shot. I am way too cynical about this team to see it as anything other than a tease. Still, I am ready to be proved wrong, Bruins. I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment