Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reds

My red haired sister sent me this link from Boston.com this morning.

Cardinal rules - There’s a special something redheads share


You should read it.

There are a couple of things I want to say in response. I don't really buy the red heads don't go gray mantra. I look in the mirror and I see plenty of white hairs. I know the day when I am no longer a red head is coming, and it's probably coming soon. It's okay though. I see being a red head as a state of mind as well as a physical trait. I will always be a red head, even when my hair stops being red. You'll just have to check out the sunburns to see proof.

One other statement from the article needs commenting on. "...as the gene for red hair is dispersed through the population, gingers will become less common. But they won’t disappear completely." I completely disagree with this.

I have had a hunch... a feeling... an intuition... for many years now that as the red hair gene disperses throughout the population it will actually become more common, and eventually... someday... we red heads will actually take over the world. I don't know whether it will be in a sort of harmonic convergence kinda way, or more like a villain in a James Bond movie taking over the world kinda way, but I do believe that someday... some glorious day... it will happen.

And when that beautiful day comes it will be a capital offense to utter the phrase, "rusty brains."

Power to the Red Headed People!

No comments:

Post a Comment