Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Raining Again... Still

Flood producing rain storm #3 for this month is well under way. I drove Jen to work this morning and we had a good time looking at all the rivers and ponds and lakes and puddles-that-are-big-enough-to-qualify-for-lake-status and tried to guess which of them were going to be over flowing their banks and flooding out the surrounding streets.

I only saw one closed road, Hawthorne Street in Concord, MA, but I am sure by the time I leave work tonight there will be more. Probably many more. The forecast calls for rain all day and night, then tapering off to showers tomorrow.

There is a flood warning for the County, a flood warning for the Merrimack River, a flood warning for the Spicket River, and a flood warning for the Shawsheen River.

Most of the larger rivers were still nice and high from the last two storms and it shouldn't take very much to put them over the top with this new storm. Last night I checked our cellar and we were still dry. We didn't take any water from either of the last two storms so I am optimistic that we'll stay dry. Still, it's a little unnerving. I know a lot of people whose homes have been very wet this month. I am hoping for a lot of luck to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment