Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gearing Up for the Adventure

It's 5:24pm. I am off the clock at 5:30. That's when the adventure begins.

I have to drive from Framingham to Lexington to get Jen. We carpooled today for two reasons. First, if we drove together there would be one less car on the road getting stuck. That's pessimism. Second, we figured the van is much higher up than the Saturn so it had a slightly better chance of not getting stuck. That's optimism.

I've been checking the news occasionally today. By the sound of things the south coast of Massachusetts and big chunks of Rhode Island are getting hammered today. There are evacuations in Fall River and a section of route 24 (big highway, for those of you who aren't aware) has been closed.

I only see one mention of a road I may have to drive on in the list of road closing on boston.com. During the last flood I was detouring around a few bad spots and I was driving past the spot where route 2 and 2A meet in Concord. I hear the road is closed there. Hopefully the route leading up to that will be all right and I won't have to detour and make another illegal left turn.

Jen's office parking lot is flooded so I might have to park on the street and wade through the lot/pond to get to her. I will do it happily, but hopefully there will be another way. I don't want my wife's feets to get wet.

Well, it's just about time to go. Wish us luck!

Stay dry people, and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment