Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Flood Waters are Receding

Things looked a little better today, flood wise. The flooded baseball field that I sort of see as a kind of bench mark or something has cleaned off quite a bit. A good chunk of the shallow outfield is no longer swimming. There were still ducks but they had a significant reduction in the area available for swimming.

Jen discovered that Shawsheen Street in Tewksbury is now open. That's good news as it shaves a little time off the morning drive. There is still some water on the road and I saw a DPW crew working on it but it is passable. Good news.

There were two roads in Concord, MA that were closed the last two days but are now open. I don't know the names (Hawthorne was one, maybe?) but they are the two roads I failed to get pictures of yesterday. Fitting, eh? Anyway, they are open today.

Route 117 is still closed where it crosses route 126. Route 20 is still closed too. Hopefully they will be open soon. I had no traffic problems from either of them today, but last night they were both still big hang ups. I just managed to get around both of them.

Keep up the good work drying off, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment