Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to Monday Again

The weekends seem to be going by faster than ever.

We went to see How to Train Your Dragon, which I keep calling how to tame your dragon for some reason, and helped make it the #1 flick this weekend. You're welcome.

We had a great day visiting my siblings and their spouses and their kids. Both toddlers said my name. I got hugs from both of them. They both sat and played with me. Call me the happiest uncle ever. We also had a good time playing in the yard despite the frosty cold. Everyone had fun. I just hope we don't have to wait so long to do it again.

I also did some standing around in the cold while my step daughter did some fund raising for her softball league. At first she was waiting for people to come to her, but after a while she started engaging people and being very polite. She said good morning and asked how they were doing and then wished them a good day, whether they were dropping money into her can or not. For the most part, the more polite she was the more willing they were to donate. Something to think about, isn't it.

Next week is Easter and we are having my parents and my in-laws over for dinner. We have some major cleaning to do between now and then so Saturday might be a hectic day. That's all right. The kids are going to be there for the holiday. It's Dad's weekend, but he said they'd do Easter baskets at his house and then they could come to our house for dinner. That's very thoughtful of him. Thanks.

Now I just have to make it from Monday to next weekend. Another crazy week is in store. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment