Monday, February 8, 2010

They Won!

The Bruins won a game! The Bruins won a game! Thank god almighty the Bruins won a game!

You didn't think I was talking about some other game, did you? We celebrated Super Bowl Sunday by watching Dazed and Confused on demand. ("Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.")

I can give you one definitive reason why the Bruins were successful in ending their horrible 10 game losing streak yesterday afternoon in Montreal. I wasn't watching the game. There you have it. That is the exact reason for the Bruins success. I wasn't paying attention.

Yesterday we got up pretty early and I headed out to do some errands. We had my step son's birthday party to attend in the afternoon (the pictures are coming as soon as I get a chance to unload the camera) and we needed wrapping paper for his presents. I also had a couple of other reasons to head out while Jen did some work at home. It was Jen's birthday after all.

I got the wrapping paper, then got a birthday cake for my bride. Two of the three things I wanted, checked off the list in record time. Then I wanted to get her some flowers. I went to my trusty iPhone and my (formerly) trusty Yelp! application and searched for flower shops. There were a bunch nearby so I pointed my GPS at the closest one and headed there.

When I arrived at the given address there was no flower shop. I was a bit put off, but it was still early so I picked the next closest one Yelp! had to offer. I went to that address and once again, no flower shop. I eventually got some, but I was pretty disturbed by the lack of usefulness of a normally useful application.

Anyway, the birthday party was a blast. Lots of people came. I got to catch up with many friends as well as see a bunch of kids going crazy in an indoor playground. After that the birthday wifey and I went out to dinner. She had seen a show on the history of BBQ restaurants earlier and decided she wanted some of that tasty goodness. We ended up at Smokey Bones in Nashua. It was pretty good. We both liked it. After that we drove home and had some birthday cake while ignoring the football game.

This morning I did the thing I had planned to do every day last week but didn't do. I got up at 5:00am and spent an hour in the cellar working on music. I now have three songs in the works. That equals my worst, past RPM showing. At least I made it that far, right? I think I am still a song or two behind last year's pace though. I will do more tomorrow morning.

So the Bruins have three more games before the Olympic break. Yesterday's win magically moved them into a tie for the last playoff position in the East (they lose the tie breaker to Philadelphia though) which tells you just how pathetic the bottom half of the conference is. I would like to hope that yesterday marks the turning of the futility corner, and will kick off a nice happy win streak. Unfortunately I am a realist.

Now all that's left for me to do is to find a video of The Who's halftime show... although I'm hearing it was pretty bad. Maybe I'll continue to give that a miss.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment