Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Men's Ice Hockey Quarter Finals

I can't believe I forgot to set the DVR today. Team USA plays Switzerland at 3:00pm Eastern time today and I will not be able to see a second of it. I will, however, get to see team Canada play Russia tonight at 7:30pm Eastern time. There we have the match up that I was hoping to see in the Gold Medal game. On paper they are clearly the two best teams in the tournament. It doesn't quite have the same flair as the USSR days (the Soviet hockey team is the only thing I miss about those days, and even that is only due to the 1980 miracle on ice game and the joy of rooting against them... like rooting against the Yankees) but it is still a definite marque match up. It should be a fantastic game. Crosby vs Ovetchkin once again.

I grabbed a table with the current tournament bracket from this site here. I just wanted a quick reference to see who will be playing whom when.

No comments:

Post a Comment