Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Still Hypothetical

I'm still on that hypothetical trip to New York kick. What to do if you visit the city in the winter. Sure the views from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building will be spectacular, but you're bound to freeze your ass off.

I've found a couple of interesting things at rainydaytraveler.com, including this page and this collection of links.

I've also found an interesting page on 10best.com. This wonder finally answers the questions, "How much do you tip a cab driver or a hotel maid?" I've been waiting my whole life to find that article.

This clubfreetime.com page has potential. It is a list of free events happening in the city for specific days. There is a huge list of things for today's date, but nothing for the weekend in hypothetical question. I will come back to this later in the hopes that the schedule is empty simply because it's too far away.

I mentioned yesterday that we could look into going to an off broadway show. The NY Times theater section could help out with that.

This Yelp page ranks the top rated indoor activities in New York. Unfortunately almost all of them are sports related. I'm not much for rock climbing, indoors or otherwise, and I really don't care to take up soccer again, I haven't played since I was a kid... 12 or 13 maybe. I did see a couple of museums listed. That could be fun.

Speaking of museums, this page lists a few... dozen. Maybe the Metropolitan Museum of Art should be added to the A section of our to-do list. Maybe.

Maybe the history nerds that we are would be interested in checking out some Revolutionary War sites in the city. Why not, on our honeymoon we went to a civil war battlefield as well as a War or 1812 battle site. Not to mention that upstate New York road trip we took that included a visit to a Revolutionary War/French and Indian War fort. All of this kinda makes us look like war mongers, doesn't it?

Maybe we could just find a cafe with a window in the upper west side and patiently wait for Woody Allen to walk by. Or we could visit Grant's Tomb and ask who's buried there.

So many things to do. Hypothetically of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment