Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's That Time Again

Yes, it's that time again. January. That means that February is right down the road. That means that it's time to start pretending I am a musician again! Nice!

February means its time for the RPM Challenge (write and record either 10 songs or 35 minutes of music) and FAWM (write 14 new songs).

I've never technically succeeded in either of these challenges, but it won't stop me from giving it a try for the fourth year in a row. (I finished the 2009 RPM six weeks late, and I finished the 2007 RPM using old songs)

I have signed up for this year's challenges on both websites. I have decided to refer to this year's goofiness as The Annual Failure Celebration or something like that. It's going to be fun to play with, and when it's over I hope to have a pile of shiny brand new crappy songs to force down everyone's throats! Muahahahahaha!

In the interest of said torture, here is last year's collection of crap!


Run away! Run away!

On a slightly related note, I am hopeful that my wife, also known as the love of my life and the woman of my dreams and she who makes my life worth living, will jump on the wagon and start writing again this month. While I am sitting in a corner trying to write and record some new music, she can sit in the opposite corner writing some new fiction. I hope she comes along for the ride.

I love ya sweetie!

Bring on February!

(now all I have to do is buy a pile of new guitar strings, a stack of 9 volt batteries, and learn how to use Apple's Garage Band. No problem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment