Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blue Car Blues

Holy crap it's cold out! I checked weather.com just before going outside and it said the temperature in Methuen was a whopping six degrees.

I went out to the blue car, planning on moving it out of the driveway so I could take the white car out for an oil change. The blue car wouldn't start. There was juice in the battery, but no crank when I turned the key.

We have a remote starter for this car and sometimes when we use it the car won't start and some how the ignition is locked out for 10-15 minutes or so. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. I decided to work on the assumption that the button on the remote starter had been pressed while the keys were in my pocket and I waited 15 minutes and went out again. Once again, nuttin'.

So we called AAA. They came after 25 minutes or so and the tow truck driver couldn't get the car started either. So we had it towed to A&B Auto in Tewksbury. Our garage of choice since... since... at least the late 1970's.

So now we have no blue car for a while. Hopefully it's just a dead starter and we'll get it fixed up quickly.

Best of luck, oh loyal blue car. Get well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment