Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nine

Nine.

Nine degrees.

It was nine degrees out when I left the house this morning. It was 13 degrees when I left work last night. In both cases there was enough wind chill to make it feel like -145727 or so.

It's only been winter for nine freakin' days and it's already like this? Is it June yet? Please?

Yesterday I had a tooth ache wake up. I've been all right for a couple of months. I took some meds before bed and it didn't help at all. It wasn't bad enough to keep me awake all night, but it was bad enough to wake me up every time I fell asleep. I am exhausted. Lack of sleep plus the weather also has me feeling congested. Happy flippin' New Year, eh?

I took another dose of meds at 7:15am and they still haven't kicked in. It's 9:38am now. This bites.

Last night on the way home from work I saw three deer crossing route 126 in Wayland. The doe bringing up the rear had best learn to run faster as she almost had a close personal meeting with the front of my minivan. I stopped in plenty of time, but she was cutting it close. Pick up the pace doe!

I am a mess today. I am going to need to go to bed very early tonight. I need a good rest so I can make it to midnight tomorrow. Saying that is all the proof you need that I am now officially old. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment