Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Years Resolution

Is it too early to make a New Year's Resolution? Do I have to wait a couple of weeks before it becomes official?

It probably doesn't matter, it's the same one most of us make every year. It's the same one I make every year.

Lose weight.

I lost a lot of weight leading up to the wedding and I have put it all back on including a fair extra chunk since then. I am back to being tired often and very uncomfortable and sore and in pain most of the time. I have developed a few bad habits over the last few months. Namely, junk food breakfasts and a return to non-diet soda as my primary source of liquids.

I can lose the weight. Not enough so that I will ever be anything other than a fat guy, I've come to terms with that. You will never describe me as "svelte." Ever. But I can lose a few pounds and be more comfortable than I am now. Maybe I can even reduce the chance of a heart attack that I can't imagine I am anything but destined for.

I will need help from my beloved bride, but I know I can straighten things out a little. Come January I will be back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment