Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking Ahead

Thursday: I go to lunch with my group at work sometime in the early afternoon and then leave work two hours early, thanks alt time! I go straight home, pick up the wife and kids (and a Rock Band guitar controller?) and pile into the van and head up to Jen's mom's for a New Year's Eve of Beatles Rock Band and maybe some Chinese food. Because of the whole New-Year-starts-at-midnight thing we will be sleeping over. That probably means Robbie is sound asleep at 12:01am.

Friday: Get up and do the holiday morning stuff but make sure we're on the road home by 11:30 so we can get to the television in time to watch the NHL Winter Classic game between the Boston Bruins and the philadelphia flyers at Fenway Park. For months people have been asking me if I tried to get tickets to this game, as it may be a once in a lifetime thing. The answer of course is no. Let's see... an outdoor hockey game in January in Boston. Brrrrr I think not. Having said that, the forecast calls for a high of 41 degrees with a chance of rain. Not quite the weather I was afraid of, but probably just as bad. After the game... I don't know what. There was talk of making Indian food for dinner. That sounds great!

Saturday: There is a chance of snow on Saturday but I am hoping that it won't interfere with our scheduled Game Night. During the last Game Night (which we missed due to Jenny's back problems) it was decided that a regularly set day should be chosen for the festivities. The first Saturday of each month was the day settled on. If people can show up, that's great. If they can't, that's all right too. Everyone is busy and setting up a good date has turned out to be the biggest Game Night hurdle. So, the next one is this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the weather will be okay. If it snows a little I might take my new camera outside for some winter wonderland type of pictures. We'll see.

Sunday: Sleep late and hang out at home in our pajamas. Ahhh the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment