Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kindle or Tablet (assuming there is a tablet)?

I read this MacRumors article this morning. It talks about a New York Times report on an IDC report on the much rumored Apple Tablet.

My first thought on the possibility of a Tablet was simple. I'd rather a MacBook. If I am going to get any Apple product that is more powerful than my iPhone I will get the most powerful sucker available. Who wouldn't?

Then I heard about the Tablet being used as Apple's entry into the budding e-reader market. I really like the idea of Amazon's Kindle. Think about it... your whole library; magazines, newspapers, and all, stashed in one little electronic device. Sorta like... oh, I don't know... an iPod.

Then, after reading the above mentioned article this morning, I posed a question to myself (and to Jen, via Google Wave. I like Google Wave. I love Jen. Oh yes, I do love her very much): Which would I rather spend my dough on? An awesome e-reader, or an awesome e-reader that lets me check Facebook and Twitter (and Blogger too!) and occasionally play Pocket God?

If the prices are comparable (always assuming the Tablet actually exists) then I think the answer is pretty clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment