Monday, December 7, 2009

In a Stabbin' Mood

I left the house at 7:10am today. The kids were buckled in and all the things they needed to bring to their dad's and to school were loaded into the trunk. That's 5-10 minutes later than I would have liked to have left, but it was okay. I did have to scrape ice off the windows before leaving though.

I had to stop and get gas. I didn't fill the tank, I just put $20 in. I did have to wait for the pump to ask me questions like, is this a rewards card? It also seemed to take a long time to authorize my debit card (dial-up speed?), and it pumped slow.

I dropped the kids off at a decent time but then got stuck in a little traffic getting back to the highway. I was behind some one who seemed to be overwhelmed with fear of turning right. It didn't take long though.

I exited route 93 and had to wait a few minutes on the ramp. It always takes a little time but it seemed worse today.

I had a long wait at a light on route 38. Another, longer, wait at route 3A. The wait turning onto route 4 was much longer than usual. I was starting to do a lot of clock watching at this point.

I usually spend less than 5 minutes on route 4. Today I spent over 15. Then I had a long wait turning onto Old Bedford Road. I had the normal wait crossing route 2, but that wait is pretty long on the best day. It was at that point that I got stuck behind "the slow guy." Speed limit 40 translated into 27-28 miles per hour.

I punched into work at 9:17. 127 minutes after I left the house.

I take all those back roads and side streets to avoid route 128 and all the traffic it suffers through on a daily basis.

It turns out that because of this everyone else did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment