Monday, December 21, 2009

Enchanted Village

Remember the Enchanted Village that used to be on display at Jordan Marsh in Downtown Crossing? Well it's at Jordan's Furniture in Avon, MA now. We thought it might be nice to take the kids to see it. After doing some heavy duty shopping Saturday morning we took a break from the hard work and drove South.

We found the place easily (it's right next to IKEA, the place we go to when we want to redesign our entire living environment) and headed to the Village's line. As we got into line who did we see but Elliot Jordan! The guy from the commercials! He used to be part of Barry and Elliot before Barry split, and now he's just Elliot. The guy with the pony tail who gives away shit loads of furniture when the Red Sox win the World Series. That guy. He was just hanging there, and why shouldn't he be... he owns the place, doesn't he? He said hello, we said hello back, then we got in line. By the time my camera was out of the bag he had left. I know I have no evidence of my pseudo-celebrity sighting, but you'll have to trust me. Besides, if I were going to make up a celebrity sighting it would probably be Geddy Lee. You folks know me well enough to realize that.

Anyway...

The line was very long but it moved steadily. The kids were patient but we could tell they wouldn't be staying patient forever. Finally we got in! Jen and I took a bunch of pictures. Here are a few of them.

Here is one little segment of the line. Not even close to the whole thing.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 019

This display has been around for many years and whoever designed it had a thing for teddy bears. There are teddy bears everywhere. Here we see one reading a newspaper. If this were a new design he'd either be reading the news on a netbook or a smart phone. Probably an iPhone.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 036

This shoppe made me want ice cream. Then again, every shoppe and every shop make me want ice cream.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 043

I tried playing with the angle to get whole streets into single shots. More or less unsuccessfully.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 045

I mentioned the teddy bears, right? This room was over run by them! Check out the little bugger poking his head out of the chimney. How the hell did a teddy bear get in there?
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 103

Obviously teddy bears aren't terribly good at judging spatial relations, as this guy was a little too big to fit under that foot rest.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 102

He kid... gimme a cookie...
gimme a cookie!

GIMME A COOKIE!


2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 112

The music store was obviously my favorite shop in the village.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 118

Paying my respects to the sax player, even if he is a bear.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 133

It seemed like every house had cookies. They were taunting me. Teasing me. Torturing me.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 150

Weird... they were reading "Joy to the World" but the music we heard was "Jingle Bells." Seems like an easily fixed continuity error.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 158

The last display was a marching band and once again I will pay my respects to the sax player. Merry Christmas, Mr Sax Player.
2009-12-19 - Enchanted Village 169

No comments:

Post a Comment