Thursday, December 10, 2009

Car Pooling

Tonight is Jen's company Christmas party. I am leaving work a little early so I can go and meet her in time for it. Because we're both going to be in the same place at the end of the night we figured we'd experiment with something we talked about when she first started working at her current job.

Car Pooling.

Jen's office is very close to being precisely on my way to work. It's maybe 5 minutes out of my way, but that's all. Consider though that me driving five minutes out of my way can save 25-30 miles worth of gas and mileage for one of our cars and it seems very much worth it.

We can't do it on days where we get the kids after school, but we demonstrated today that we can do it on days when the kids wake up at our house but go to their dad's in the evening.

Did I mention I get to leave work a little early? I very much enjoy having vacation time. It's sweeeet.

Back to important things... hockey. The Bruins face the Maple Leafs tonight. They destroyed them 7-2 on Saturday and I fully expect an equal dismantling tonight. We need Phil Kessel to never win a single game against Boston, and we need the Leafs to come in dead last in the NHL this year and next year. A pounding win for the Bruins tonight brings those two goals closer.

Go Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment