Tuesday, December 8, 2009

AT&T Can Bite Me

Go back a few posts and see where I mentioned the AT&T Mark the Spot iPhone application. See where I mentioned how they would be getting a flood of complaints?

I have used the app six times already. As I was pulling out of the parking lot after work I got a text message from Jen asking me why I wasn't taking calls. I had no idea what she was talking about so I called her. Or at least I tried. I dialed and nothing happened. After about a minute of dial-tone-free dead air I got the double beep of a hang up.

There's the first complaint I posted.

I tried calling our home number and got the same results.

There's the second complaint I posted.

I sent a text message saying I didn't know what was wrong. I then rebooted the phone. I called Jen again and got a voice message saying that my call could not go through at this time. What??

There's the third complaint I posted.

I called our home phone again and got the same message. No dial tone. No attempt to place the call. Just the screw you message.

There's the fourth complaint I posted.

I then received a text from Jen saying she couldn't get through to me and would meet me at the place we went to tonight. At that time I noticed that my earlier text to her had failed to go through.

That's complaint number five.

Just as I posted that complaint the phone actually rang. It was Jen. I answered and immediately the call was dropped.

That's complaint number six.

Screw you AT&T. Screw you right in your stupid ass.

________

On an unrelated note, I am posting this using the new Google Chrome for Linux beta. It's been running for about 10 minutes now without crashing. Already the Linux version is better than the Windows version. Is anyone surprised by that? I sure ain't.

No comments:

Post a Comment