Friday, December 4, 2009

'99

So I've been listening to Stephen King's Dark Tower series books on tape while driving to and from work. I've mentioned that before, haven't I? (ad nauseam?)

Well, anyway... I'm on the last book. Nearing the end, but not quite there yet. Part of the story takes place in 1999 and King often refers to that time as, "the year of '99." Every time I hear that phrase a song by Queen pops into my head and stays there for hours. The song is "'39" from A Night at the Opera and the phrase is actually "In the year of '39" but it doesn't matter, it gets into my head and stays there.

Now you can have it stuck in your head too! (Robbie's power trip! Muahahahaha!)






Now anyone who knows anything about Queen records knows that "Bohemian Rhapsody" is on the A Night at the Opera album and sure, that's the money track. But... I think the marketing folks got it wrong. There is another song on that record that, to me, is even more impressive. It's called "The Prophet's Song." It tops 8 minutes, so get yourself a snack or something before playing it. You may want to turn out the lights and hold up a bic lighter or something... it's one of those.





No comments:

Post a Comment