Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After

The morning after Thanksgiving... and we are in full flake mode. The kids played computer games before breaking out the dominoes and settin' 'em up and knockin' 'em down on the kitchen floor.

I just watched the Mythbusters Moon landing episode whilst sneaking bites of Tewksbury Tweets.

Yesterday we had Jen's mother and step father, my parents, and a priest from St Williams who came with my folks. My mother made turkey and stuffing. Jen made mashed potatoes and stuffing and veggies and stuffing. Jen's mother made salad. For dessert we had Jen's Tewksbury Tweets, apple and pumpkin pies, my mother's cookies, and cranberry bread, Jen's mother's apple and four berry pie, and my brownies. After dinner the kid's dad and soon-to-be-step-mother came with a chocolate/peanut butter/coconut dessert. In other words: We ate like pigs. It was a very happy Thanksgiving.

The brownies, which I made Monday night, somehow magically didn't cause any food poisoning for anyone. I was really surprised.

Today we are hanging out with the kids until around 4pm when we have to take them to their dad's. We are trying to figure out what to do for lunch as we speak. After we drop them off we are going to jump headlong into the Christmas season with a shopping spree.

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment