Friday, October 23, 2009

More Random Stuff

I had nothing of much value to say yesterday and ended up posting five times. It usually works out that way. Today I have an equal supply of nothing to say.

The Bruins lost to the Philadelphia Flyers last night in the shootout. While they have still yet to win consecutive games, it marks the first time this season they have taken a point in the standings in consecutive games. Baby steps, I guess.

I am ready to publicly state that I think Boston Globe hockey writer Kevin Paul Dupont is the worst writer in the known universe. I have never been a fan, based on his horrible attempts at witty descriptive phrases. The shining example of which is his very commonly used (painfully so) description of the Providence Bruins as the wannabees. My teeth hurt every time I read that.

Today he set the bar for terrible at a new low. In this article he wrote this:

"Not even halfway to the season’s quarter pole, the Bruins, last year’s regular-season champs in the Eastern Conference, have seen circumstances cast them as survivalists, the NHL’s version of the Spirit of ’76, drummer, fife player, and flag carrier."


He wrote that... and was paid for it.

The Angels won again. They beat the Yankees 7-6 last night. The last time the Angels beat the Yankees I got excited and the Yankees followed up by beating the shite out of the Angels in the next game. Because of that, I am not going to get overly excited and start singing about the 2004 Yankees collapse. Nope.

Changing the subject, my wife is feeling a little better today. She went to work. I love her and very much want her to be all better. Keep up the good work sweetie.

I can't think of anything else to add. Maybe later. Until then.. good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment